Contemporary history experiences of Kallie de Beer: Stories of my grandpa and- mother about the Anglo Boer War. The family link to the diamond related and seventh adventist church de Beers. Farms in the Free State's little towns and trips abroad. Research in contemporary history of South African diplomacy and the change of the former South African Army into a peacekeeping force in Africa and additional academic research in casu open distance e-learning.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Avonne Pickering, Herzog Biermann, Wendy de Beer,

I am Avonne Pickering, granddaughter of Edith van Staden, nee Biermann, whose mother was Cornelia de Beer. Cornelia was the daughter of Nicolaas Johannes de Beer, of diamond fame. She married a Hefer and was widowed, and then married Hugo Hendrik Biermann. I have the remains of a photo taken in the Kimberly Concentration Camp with Cornelia, Hugo and their baby daughter , Evelyn. the rest of the picture sadly has deteriorated but the photo and story about it were published in The Saturday Star Joahnnesburg in about 1988 or so, being submitted by Major Herzog Biermann from Pretoria, one of the grandsons of Hugo Hendrik. Do you have any information about Cornelia ? thanks, Avonne
By avonne on GRAVE OF "DIAMOND" DE BEER on 10/03/11


My name is Wendy de Beer, I cannot find any alternative contact details for you. If I would really appreciate some more info on my family that lived in Boshof before the Boer War. My email address is wmverweij@gmail.com Thank you Wendy
By Wendy SA on GRAVE OF "DIAMOND" DE BEER on 19/11/10


Kallie, You should contact Prof Jan de Bruyn, past deputy vice-chancellor of Stellenbosch University, regarding the family history of the De Beer family. He did mammoth research into it. He is now retired but I can supply his contact details. Regards, Albert de Beer
By Albert on De Beer Family Crest on 20/03/10


Hallo daar, Ek is op soek na die boek Agter die magalies van BK de Beer. Ek is besig met navorsing oor die Ras familie en verstaan die boek sal van groot waarde wees. My oorlede skoonpa was Nicolas Petrus Ras Elmarie Ras http://anilkzn.blogspot.com/
By ANIL on LOST DE BEER FAMILY on 21/05/09


Hallo daar, Ek is op soek na 'n boek geskryf deur BK de Beer - Agter die magalies. Ek is besig om die Ras familie na te vors en verstaan die boek behoort baie te help. Elmarie Ras http://anilkzn.blogspot.com/
By ANIL on LOST DE BEER FAMILY on 21/05/09


Hello.
My naam is Aletta Petronella de Beer. Ek hoop jy kan my dalk raad gee. Wat ek sover kon uitvind is dat my oupa grootjie se name was Matthys Johannes Christiaan de Beer en my oupa was Abraham Johannes de Beer.My pa is ook Matthys Johannes Christiaan de Beer. My oupa is in 1974 of daar iewers oorlede. Hy was bekend by sy vriende as Ampie. Hy het 2 broers gehad. Hy was getroud met Aletta Petronella Schoemen. Hy het op Tolwe is die Transvaal geboer. Die magalakwen rivier was op die plaas. Die plaas was Welgelegen gewees.Kan my kontak by alletap_1@yahoo.com Groete uit New Zealand.Dankie.


Hello my naam is Ferdi de Beer, seun van Freddie (Frederik, Pieter, Jeremia(h)) de Beer, ek wil net weet waar kan ek meer van my stamboom en famielie inligting kry??? my email adres is , ferdidebeer@yahoo.com
By ferdi on LAST QUOTATIONS FROM HERTIA BOCKELMAN AND DW DE BE... on 28/08/08


I am the grandson of Petronella Sophia de Beer , who in turn was dau. of Johannes Nicolaas de Beer & the granddaughter of " Diamond " de Beer . She married Parry Davies in 1915 & their first born son was unlucky to be named Patrick Johannes Nicolaas de Beer Davies , it didn't help him as he inherited none of the de Beer fortune .
By Perry on GRAVE OF "DIAMOND" DE BEER on 03/03/08

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home